Saturday, March 26, 2011

Interview #1

I interviewed my Grandparents. They have been married for 60 years. My Grandpa's answers are in blue and my Grandma's answers are in pink. I didn't change any of their words.


Question 1-
How important is happiness to you? In your own life? In your marriage? Would you stay in a relationship if you were unhappy?
"NO! But "relationship" is a phony word for marriage."
"I'd probably stay. Probably"

Question 2-
What is the best quality about your spouse? Is that quality something you initially looked for in a spouse?
"Grace. Yes...how lucky to have found it."
"I was looking for a prince. Honest, hardworking, and caring. He is all of those."

Question 3-
What is the best marriage advice you have ever received? The worst?
The Best: "Nick, she is not your type! or Be gentle. "Think of spouse first, always. Laugh at your kids."
The Worst "Show her who is boss."

Question 4-
When you first got married is this where you saw yourself, where you are now?
"YES! Though I didn't expect to live this long."
"Yes"

Question 5-
Was there ever a time in your marriage, when you wanted to quit? How did you get through that?
"Prodigal children and grandchildren are the hardest to get through, but the last forty years were the easiest. Keep moving ahead toward your goals."
"Prayer time, family and friends."

Question 6-
What is the best thing about being married? The Worst?
"Companionship with Grace herself. There is no worst! But, the demands of love are....demanding."
"My friend. Doing things together, being together. The worst is being alone."


Girl No.2

No comments:

Post a Comment