Monday, March 28, 2011

The Good Fight

(Refer to my previous blog entry, Tug of War)
(And yes, for those of you who are noticing, I stole this blog title from a Sex and the City episode.)

My husband and I got into a (ridiculous) argument about really ridiculous things like: dishes, cooking, putting stuff away, toilet paper, and things like that. I cried, he yelled; we didn't talk for two hours, we screamed more, we laughed, I got mad again and he yelled some more and stormed into the bedroom...it was just one of those fights that lasted for hours and hours and nothing was accomplished. We finally fell into bed, exhausted, at midnight. After awhile we didn't even know what we were fighting about.

I may be completely off base here, but sometimes it feels good to fight. I get a lot of things off my chest. I'm a people pleaser (to the MAX) and most of the times I have a really hard time being honest about the way I feel. So when we're fighting, it gives me a chance to be brutally honest. It was silly and childish, and we each said very hurtful things.

But the next day on my facebook wall, for ALL the world to see, was this: 

"Baby, I love you so much. I need to work harder for you, and I will. I promise."

Coffee was ready and hot, the dishes were done, and my kitchen was sparkling clean before my husband left for work at 7am. Hmm..

So fighting sometimes just gets all that energy out and lays everything on the table. There's a couple hurt feelings and mental bruises, so to speak, but that heals. It ended up being a really good fight.

Girl no. 2

1 comment:

  1. My husband swears I pick fights with him just to get him to clean the house!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete