Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tug of War

Sometimes I feel like marriage is a game of tug-of-war. But, it's not fun...so I shouldn't call it a game.
Who worked harder this week?
Who got the least amount of sleep?
Who's the most stressed?
Who did the dishes last?
Who changed the last diaper?
Who changed the last POOPY diaper?
Who cooks more?
Who does more laundry?
Why is it such a battle? Why can't we just stop and appreciate what the other does and help out when we can? The person who had the least amount of sleep has the upper hand. The person with the full time job has the upper hand. Why? I so tired of tugging and pulling and trying to prove to my husband that I'm exhausted. I'm sick of him laying on the couch every day off he has, because he "works full time."I don't get a "day off" to lay on the couch. And on my "day off" I go to work. Actual work. I work a couple of days a week as a server. But when I get home it's back to laundry, cleaning, taking care of an eight month old.
Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

girl number two

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm YES!! I always want my man to rest when he has a day off because I know he works hard....but i want a day of rest too!

    ReplyDelete