Friday, March 11, 2011

Absence

I do believe that absence makes the heart grow fonder.
My husband started a new job and has worked 10am to 8pm for five days straight. When he gets home I'm so happy to see him. We talk and laugh and kiss and cuddle.
When we were stuck inside for two days because of a snow storm, we almost got a divorce. Why is that?
Maybe humans are not supposed to be with their lover, constantly.
We need our own space to breathe. I enjoy when my husband is gone. I scrapbook, read, watch stupid TV, and sing to Glee songs.
But, having him gone 50+ hours a week is hard, too.
Do you agree? Would you rather have your loved one constantly around or do you need space?

Girl. No.2


1 comment:

  1. I am married to a marine and I must say.. although deployments are hard, it is our "break" from each other. Usually it makes him realize how much I really do do for our family. It also brings us closer together in our marriage. Strange I know. I miss him when he is gone for 7-8 months at a time. And yet when he is home on leave for even a few days, my nerves are shot and I can't wait for him to go back to work.
    usmcconrads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete