Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spring Break

My husband is on Spring Break. Seriously. In Miami. He's been bugging me for the last 3 years. For three years, he's been saying that he feels incomplete because he's never been to Florida, had beers on the beach and flirted with girls in bikinis. He is going to be 30 this year, so if he m u s t go, I suppose this is the last year he can. Before he's too old for Spring Break. I mean, Spring Breaks ended for me when I was 22, but men are different. They need bikinis for a little longer than we do.

So I thought I wouldn't hear from him for 4 days. His last fling. "Go to the beach, stay out late, flirt, get drunk. Because after this, we'll be going to Disneyworld, apple orchards and the Zoo."

I got 5 calls after his plane landed; plus a video call so he could show me the hotel room. Then I got a call at 2:30 a.m. and a message about how much he missed me. He still has 3 more days; I hope he does a little bit of flirting. But I knew he'd miss us. He has finally become a family man. Finally.

girl number one

No comments:

Post a Comment