Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stupid Valentines Day

Our blog is entitled.... sex.love.marriage.
And we didn't post a single update on Valentines Day. The one day of the year specifically dedicated to love.
Stupid Valentines Day. Stupid.

Well, my husband worked a double on Valentines Day, but we went out for dinner the night before. We had good conversation, and we held hands. It was a really nice time. Since my husband worked all of Valentines Day, I wasn't really expecting him to get me anything. We leave for vacation on Sunday, so every penny is being put toward that. So I went to bed yesteday night with no thought about the silly day. It's so stupid anyway...I woke up at 5 am to feed my daughter and there on the coffee table was a big box of chocolates and a card. 

I opened the card. And I quote:

"Baby, I love you so much!....even more than sandwiches...even after all these years. Love, A"

Tears sprang up in my eyes. My husband DOES love sandwiches. But, he loves me more. Maybe Valentines Day isn't so bad.

Girl No.2

No comments:

Post a Comment