Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Beginning

Girl No. 2

When I first met my husband I thought he was a geek. Quiet, shy, book smart. Not my style. I was too cool... dating a drug addict and getting drunk every night. After the drug addict and I parted ways, my husband asked me out for coffee and I said no. I don't do coffee. I'll go out for drinks or dinner or I'll cruise in my Oldsmobile and smoke a joint..but no coffee. No thanks. I placed him firmly in the friend zone. That summer we hung out often. And talked. He hung out with my parents. We talked about music and books and art. He's five years older than me. I honestly didn't think we would have anything more than a nice friendship.

At the time, my trashy black bikini that I wore to the beach persuaded him otherwise. We began to date. He took me to Chicago to a fancy restaurant. We went to the Aquarium. He wined and dined me.

A year later I held a positive pregnancy test in my sweaty hand in the bathroom at Target.
Here we go. 

I'm a stay at home Mom. Well, I work 12 hours a week. I live in a small apartment with my husband and my daughter. I'm happy often and sad often. I cry and laugh. I've been married nine months. I've had sex one time since I got married. The scariest part is..it doesn't bother me and I rarely think about it. Stupid Cosmo magazine tells me my marriage is a cold tomb. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment