Sunday, January 2, 2011

Raging Bull

Girl No. 2

Sometimes I have a problem with rage. Like...my husband is a matador and I'm the bull and all I see is red. I snort and stop my feet and charge at him like a speeding freight train. What could possible bring such madness?

I woke up at 3am to feed my daughter. After putting her back down I glance in the kitchen. AND. Dishes in the sink with an EMPTY dishwater. Now, the day before I had spent about two hours cleaning my house after a small New Years Party with mostly my husband's friends. I saw red. I slammed the dishes into the empty dishwasher and snorted my way back to the bedroom where I angrily turned my back toward my husband and fell asleep.

Now. In the great big delicious life I have, that is such a silly thing to get mad about....to RAGE  about. Yet, I find myself shaking about it. Why can't you just put the damn dishes in the empty dishwasher?! Deep breath.

So I think about the people in the Holocaust. And the people that lost their homes in Katrina. (Anger subsiding..) I think about single moms who have to raise their children without help. (Anger is gone.)

I need to let my husband off the hook. After all, he worked twelve hours yesterday. I need to find a way to take that rage and stuff it somewhere dark and musty and never look at it again. It's just dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment