Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Husband Swap

My sister and I talk about having a husband swap. Not because we want to be with our sister’s spouse, but because we think it would help us appreciate our own spouse. Correct me, Girl #2, if I am off base with any of these descriptions

My husband ( #1):

For Fun: Dancing, bars, clubs, the Beach, action movies
Favorite Foods: Lasagna, Salads, Chocolate Bars (He’ll never admit it)
Attributes: Loud, Laughs at his own Jokes, Likes to admire and comment about the beauty of other women, wishes he was single, fast-moving, doesn’t watch sports, financially responsible (but splurges on shoes, electronics)


Her Husband (#2):

For Fun: Reading, Relaxing, Watching Sports, Drinking Beer
Favorite Foods: Jell-O, fig newtons, Greasy hamburgers, fast food, chili and cornbread
Attributes: Good listener, likes to discuss politics, loves to debate, very kind to strangers, sensitive and SENTIMENTAL, Go Green, lackadaisical

Just think of it like this: Our husbands are opposite in every way. Her husband recycles; my husband throws trash out of the window. My husband yells at receptionists, managers and waitresses; my brother-in-law seldom, perhaps never, raises his voice.

If I lived with Husband #2, I would enjoy reading, staying in and being quiet. I would enjoy being asked about my day. I would enjoy discussing books and politics and religion. Such a change from being with someone who has never even read a book.  I would enjoy being married to someone who doesn’t constantly hit on other women. But I would probably get bored. I would miss the spontaneity and excitement. I would get bored watching football, and I would miss ‘The Fast and the Furious.’ I would miss the healthy foods and fast-moving life. It might be nice for a couple of days, to switch. I’m sure my sister would enjoy staying out ‘til sunrise, dancing and listening to rap music. I guess just a little change of scenery would nice now and then…

Girl Number One

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely miss watching "The Fast and the Furious" but more so because of Paul Walker! YUM!

    I think they would probably appreciate you too a bit more too...like that Wife Swap show!

    ReplyDelete