Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What He Loves

Girl No.2

In my 9 months of marriage I've learned that doing things my husband loves is a good way to connect. If I don't sit through a football game with him every once in a while, we may never spend time together.

Last night we watched an HBO Miniseries that I rented from library. It was called the Pacific and it was about World War II and our American heroes battling the Japanese in the Pacific Islands off the coast of Japan. When I saw it in the library I knew my husband wanted to see it and I never planned on watching it with him. As silly as it sounds, sitting and watching something my husband loves, made us bond. We talked about war and what we would feel or think if he had to go to war. It left me with a greater understanding of my husband. He loves history and he loves to talk about it. Even if I have to pretend a little to be interested, it gives him pleasure to talk about something he knows a lot about. We stayed up until midnight, which I haven't done in quite awhile.

Now if only I could get him to watch Jersey Shore with me while we paint our nails and drink Wild Cherry Pepsi. Our marriage would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment